Purely African! Wander in Hemingway’s footsteps and see the mesmerising African countryside with its untouched nature within protected national parks. Tanzania will definitely fascinate you, as it did Hemingway all those years ago!
Tanzania is a renowned destination for filming wildlife. Unique animal observations in the famous Serengeti, Lake Manyara, Tarangire and at the Ngorongoro Crater lets your heart race and fall in love with the African Spirit.
Tanzania has already captivated Karen Blixen, John Wayne and Dr. Bernhard Grzimek with its natural wonders, such as the Ngorongoro Crater (UNESCO world cultural heritage) along with the fascinating event of animal migration of millions of zebras and wildebeest through the Serengeti – you can only see this in Tanzania!
Tanzania is a cultural wonderland with many colourful African markets, the snow covered scenery of the majestic Kilimanjaro, hundreds of tribes with different cultures, languages and rituals as well as a diverse cuisine. Be inspired on this journey through a kaleidoscope of experiences in breathtaking surroundings, never to be forgotten.
Zanzibar is the spice island of the Indian Ocean. With its idyllic beaches the island awakens exotic desires and offers a perfect contrast to other African destinations, especially after a Safari! Spice and palm tree plantations, fascinating diving reefs and luxurious hotels and resorts await you at the best beaches on the island. The capital, Stonetown, is the best place to experience the historical and former sultanate, which was declared a UNESCO world cultural heritage site. Enjoy the Muslim influence in the alleys and do not miss out on the night markets!
More interesting facts about Tanzania:
- Size: 947,300 km²
- Inhabitants: 61,49 Millions
- Official Language: English & Swaheli
- Currency: Zambian Kwacha
- Climate: mild to tropical, rain period from March until May, the best travelling time is in between the dry period (June until October) amongst others
- Visa: With coming to Tanzania and Zanzibar, German, Austrian and Swiss citizens receive a tourist visa (max. 3 months) at the airport. A valid passport (min. 6 months) is necessary and the fee for a visa is 50 US$. But we advise you to apply your visa before travelling to Tanzania and Zanzibar.
- Other: left-hand traffic, difficult road conditions, private driving tours partly possible